Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Playing with Sophie at the Museum

Friday was such a fun day!!!! We got to go out to Salt Lake and meet up with my Dearest friend from the Brazil MTC, Christy aka sis. Hoffman! I love her to death! She has two little ones like me. She has a membership to the discovery museum and she got the kids in for free!! We had a blast catching up with each other. Mayley wanted to take her dolls to show Sophie. Sophie loved them! Hunter liked to call her "Soapie" sooooo cute! We were excited because they changed up the supermarket and made it even more fun for the kids. May and Sophie are playing so cute together here!! Hunter of course had fun playing with the cars!! He thought it was so fun to pretend to fill up the car with gas!! Just like mom and dad do!

This was my all time favorite picture of Mayley. She wanted a "Nakey" baby to give a bath in the water. The baby isn't really supposed to be part of this play area but she saw other girls doing it so of course I couldn't resist and let her get one and give her a little bath too! She is such a natural motherly type!

This is seriously what we need to get hunter! He was in heaven riding this little tractor around. There were 3 other little boys that kept wanting to take it away from him.


Hunter is saying "Cheese" in the picture for me even though his eyes are looking else where. He loves to build big towers out of HUGE legos. This kid is super creative!




I had to copy what christy wrote about her day after she left to take her kids home that day!

yesterday I went with my friend Brianne and her kids to the children's museum. (Brianne was in the MTC with me and I hadn't seen her for four years! It was so fun to hang out sistah!) Let's keep in mind that I have been to this children's museum MANY times and things have always gone fairly smooth. But not yesterday. We got there and there was no parking. I finally found a parking spot and had to walk a ways, but made it to the elevator. No big deal. We played for a few hours, then ate lunch without incident. This is where the insanity begins.

Sophe had finished her lunch and was playing on one of those toys that you put coins in to move (what a technical description). I don't know how I knew, but somehow I KNEW she had just had an accident. I checked, and sure enough she had. Big sighs. I handed Lincoln to Brianne and headed for the restroom, but not before a lady sitting at a nearby table pointedly said, "She was in the boat for a while, so you will want to check it." And stared. That stare that says, "How could you be so irresponsible to have a kid who has accidents? Shame on you." I checked the boat-- all clear. In the bathroom I realized I had left my wipes at the table. BIG mistake. My friends, I will not go into detail here, but I will say this was the WORST accident I have ever had to clean up. And I had to do it without baby wipes. Oh my. Those underwear went straight in the trash.

After fifteen minutes or so, we were set and went back out to collect Lincoln and the wipes and go home. Brianne decided to stay a little longer with her kids. We went out to the parking garage and started looking for the car. And looking. And looking. The car was nowhere. For at least a half hour I searched. Lincoln on my hip, bag over my shoulder, Sophie by the hand. Tears were shed. Profanities were thought. My arm was sore. At this point, I had no pride left, so I decided to flag down a guy I had seen riding around the parking lot in a golf cart and ask for help. I explained my situation to him and seriously begged him to give us a ride and help find my car. Blank stare. I explained again. Nothing. It then hit me. "Do you speak English?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "More or less." If someone says "more or less," you know right there that they do NOT know English in the slightest. This was an emergency. I would not give up so easily. After a rather lively game of charades he understood.

(end of her story).
She finally found her car after going to a parking office and they fit into a different little golf cart while a nice guy helped them find their car.
I felt soooooooo bad that all of this was happening while I was playing with my kids in the museum after lunch. I had to go back to her house anyway because Hunter decided to barf that day on the freeway in the car. So his blanket was getting washed at Christy's house. We were laughing about her crazy day and I love her because she has such a good attitude about everything. I happened to spill water all over lincoln too when I was holding him because I was trying to eat some lunch so he was sopping wet the whole time christy was trying to find her car. That was just one more thing I felt bad about! ahhhhh.
Anyway, it was a day that I loved and never will forget!!!


4 comments:

Christy said...

ha ha ha... what a crazy day! but very fun! (most of the time, right? :)i'm so glad you guys came. it was so good to see you and fun to have friends to play with. anytime you want to do it again, you just let me know. love ya sis!

ellenglunt said...

It is nice you could smile and laugh so soon after it happened. Usually crisis plus time equals laughter.
You make many fun memories with your children and with your friends.

newsinaminute said...

looks fun

Kerri said...

That story is so funny and so sad. My favorite thing she says is "profanities were thought". I laughed out loud. I thought I was the only one who did that at times. So funny. I have a friend here that is LDS that grew up on a farm. She really struggles with profanity. She's trying really hard to stop using it, but this post made me imagine her in the same situation belting profanities. So funny to think about.