This quote has been on my mind a lot latley!
I honestly don't know how I did everything I did today. Today was one of the hardest days I've had in quite awhile. I want to write this down so in 20 years I can say...."I did that?!"
I had a breakdown this morning while the kids decided to rebel against me (which seems like everyday) they love to run around naked and I have to hold them down just to get them dressed. Hunter was throwing stuff at the piano which is a MAJOR NO NO in our house and making huge messes with creme of wheat in the kitchen (while I was taking my shower).
The house is a disaster but I leave it and go to the park to let them play with their friends and have time to chat with my good friends in the ward. I love friends that are sooooo UPLIFTING and are wonderful influences in my life!!
I have been putting off my errands because I've been tired and no desire to take my kids with me to the store but today was they day we NEEDED to go. I found a reciept in the car for a free arby's roast beef sandwich so the kids were in heaven when I took them to Arby's for lunch. I was so proud of May she ate her WHOLE roast beef sandwich and it was bigger than the one I got! They love any day they get Soda from mom or dad!
We ran to walgreens and waited forever while they got me a perscription for my low iron levels. I had to pay 33.99 or something for a little bottle of pills. That was crazy! At least it will boost some of my iron and stuff up in my body! The kids found the toy aisle while I was waiting for the perscription and of course wanted everything on the aisle. I told them we could ask Santa for Christmas! I was excited because we got lots of fun summer toys for 50 percent off. That was fun!!
Then we went to Payless shoes and returned some shoes that I bought for May for church because she hasn't had new church shoes for a LONG time. She was so excited to find a new pair that would look better for church. She wanted to wear them the whole rest of the day. She kept asking me when it was going to be Sunday so she could wear them to church.
Then by the time we made it to Walmart the kids were "DONE" shopping. I wanted to get a bunch of stuff but my major items were Toilet Paper and Chocolate syrup so the kids could have their chocolate milk. Bubs lost it in the store and I was mortified and left as fast as I could cause he was screaming his guts out. I had to pick him up while he was wacking me everywhere and tried to calm him down while I feel like EVERYONE around me is staring me down.
There were more breakdowns with Bubs after we got home from shopping too over a silly gumball that we had to share!!
We made it home and the greatest blessing of my day is when Bry called me to ask if he should stop and get pizza from papa murphy's for dinner!! I was completey relieved. It was SUPER yummy too!
I vacummed the basement so we can get started painting tomorrow! yay! That was lots of work. I got new toys for the kids to play in the bathtub tonight. They were laughing so hard. That a good end of the day to hear them laughing :)
So even though it was a crazy day when I cried lots, and laughed lots it's NEVER easy but I KNOW the Lord is always watching over us and I know everything is worth it being a mom!!
7 comments:
You are an AMAZING MOM, Brianne! And you have good, GOOD kids. Just wait until you see your hard work pay off. I finally had one of those yesterday - the kids were listening, sharing, playing quietly, took naps w/o arguing, finished their meals, read the scriptures to each other etc. It was a real Mommy-pay-day for me.
Keep doing what you are doing. Stay patient. It really is sooooo worth it!
I am so glad you posted this because we all have HORRIBLE days like that and we can all relate. It is especially hard when you are so pregnant because everything drains your energy, it is amazing that you could do all of that in one day. I am glad your husband came thruogh with dinner. Good husbands somehow sense when their wives need a "pick me up" even if they have no idea about how bad your day was.
Amen to how you put it!
I know the feeling all to well. I have vowed multiple times that I am never taking lily to wal mart again. Next time you need to go I would be happy to watch them.
I had a day like that today, too, Brito! I'm glad I'm not the only one!! You're an amazing Mom and don't let anybody tell ya different! I had low iron with Livi too and that just plain WIPES ya out! As if being Prego doesn't make it hard enough... You're amazing to do all that in one day! I go to one store and I've had it, I give up! And I'm not even Prego!! Way to be so positive after such a hard day! You rock, girl! We need to get together soon if you're up for it! :)
PS- it was good to see your mom the other day at Kohls! Too bad you weren't with her ;)
Bri I am so sorry! I think every mom has a day like this and we all feel like people are looking at us. In reality we are looking and thinking that poor mom been there done that :) Hope things get better. Thank goodness for pizza.
Post a Comment