Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I love this quote from Sis. Hinckley

We love this quote from sweet Sister Hinckley:

“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.

"I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.

"I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.

"I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.

"I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.

"I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”

2 comments:

newsinaminute said...

you do really live--I love how you are part of your kids activities and the neighbors kids and you listen to friends and area part of their lives
I'd say you have a good start on the philosphosy of this quote in action.
you do well to really live

ellenglunt said...

you are practicing this. I love the posts about your family happenings. Enjoy every stage they grow up FAST!!!

Aunt Ellen